The WORKOUT

Friday, April 30, 2010


Well everyone, today represents the day I would be finishing my ride.  As I write this, I would probably be somewhere just north of Charlottsville, pounding away towards home.  Oh, to have a healthy thumb!  Either way, tomorrow is the official Riding With Courage WOD day with 30+ affiliates on board and ready to get after it together.  I can not express enough how excited I am to have so many people getting together from all over the place to sweat and work hard, it is a dream come true for me to know that this is happening.

So, if you don't have a gym, or if your gym is not doing this WOD, go do something about it!  Tell your coaches, find the equipment and get after it!  If you don;t have the equipment, no worries at all, I have a non-gym version of the WOD ready for you. 

Remember, if you have any questions at all, please comment, email, call, anything.  And please post up your time and comments to the comments box here so I can make any and all official announcements about it afterward!

Riding With Courage WOD
Perform each triplet twice before moving to the next.  Total time.

15 Deadlifts 225/185
15 Toes to Bar
50 Doube Unders

15 Overhead Squats 95/65
15 SDLHP 95/65
50 Walking Lunges

15 Walk Outs (walk hands out, perform push up, walk hands back to feet, stand.  Repeat!)
15 Double Wall Balls (just perform another squat while ball is in air)
500 Meter Row

No Gym WOD
15 Air Squats
15 Sit Ups
50 Meter out and back Sprint/50 Jumping Jacks

15 Decline Push Ups
15 Inverted Rows/Pull Ups
50 Meter out and back Run/ Jumping Jacks

15 Walk Outs
15 Tuck Jumps
50 Meter out and back Run/Jumping Jacks

So let's all get in the gym and work hard together!  Hope everyone has fun!!!

Josh Courage

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I did the "no gym" version and was doing great until an unleashed dog attacked me. Took the owner WAY too long to control the dog. Finally finished in over 18:00. Got my adrenaline flowing, for sure.

Josh Courage said...

Oh man! That was not written into the workout, but a great addition I must say! Nice work, and way to continue post attack.