The Snow Is Coming Again...

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Today started off just fine, felt rested, was up pretty easily before the sun and all.  But then things took a drastic turn for the worst when I looked at the weather.  Snow, snow and more snow is coming on hard and fast, with wind gusts up to 25 mph as I trek from here (Fallon, NV), due west to Eureka, NV.  Some places will accumulate up to 6 inches; but the scariest part of this is twofold: the roads are not so good here, narrow, rough and such, AND, the road I am on is literally the only passage through these mountains.

The below video does not sound very confident on what I am doing, mostly distracted by Lindsey and her hand stands... priceless.  So here is the plan:

We are packing up the car and booking it to Eureka.  From there, if the weather is ok, I will attempt the 70 or so miles to Ely.  My only concern there is that there are literally zero places to stop along these 70 miles; not a house, a bathroom, a barn...nothing.  The idea with this driving decision is that safety must always trump my pride, and sometimes stubborn stupidity.  It is really tough for me to say that, but it must happen.  So, in the car we go, and I will keep everyone updated on twitter and facebook throughout the day.

4 comments:

Dan Samarov said...

Sorry about the snow dude, keep up the good work! Amazing what you're doing, hope the weather takes a turn for the better.

Amy said...

Hi Josh, I'm glad you are safe and sound! By the way, are you missing a pair of black Nike warm up pants? from when you stayed here?

Josh Courage said...

@Dan- Thanks buddy! How's the training for regionals going?

Josh Courage said...

@Amy - Just trucking along! And nope, didn't leave anything as far as I can tell. Guess you guys have a new pair of pants...?! Thanks so much again!