Day 1 - Vallejo, CA to Retreat, CA

Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Mid Morning Snack Location

So this is not going to be a long post as well, even though it is the first day of riding.  It's late, I am exhausted, and I need to brave freezing cold temperatures, rain, and snow tomorrow; and an 8000 foot climb.

Day one went well!  117 miles in total (was able to cut it short because I left from Vallejo.  I did this because you can;t ride the Bay Bridge, and the Ferry would have taken me to Vallejo anyway) and, besides being very, very sleepy, I feel great.
Lunch In Davis, CA

Nothing super exciting to report, but each day will bring something new, today surly did.  I will post all about it, and about the most generous hosts I could have ever hoped for tomorrow!

136 miles is the goal tomorrow...

The Causeway To Sacramento, CA
Josh Courage

2 comments:

RaGe said...

Very cool man. Found out about your ride on your buddy's site Beast Skills. Last summer I rode from Yorktown VA - San Francisco CA but with 2 others, not alone. How much weight are you carrying on this journey? 30 days is really quick especially with gear. We camped most of the time so we had about 50lbs or so of gear each. We took about double what you're shooting for though. Good luck man, it will be a great experience for sure.

Josh Courage said...

Thanks for the support! Yeah, I'll have about 65ish pounds in the trailer, a backpack with about 5-8 pounds, and a handelbar bag with about a pound. But the great thing is, my girlfriend is carrying most of it in a car for the first week, and up the tallest climbs!

After today's events though, I'm going to have to step it up a notch, this one took a lot out of me! Keep following along, and comment away!

Josh