Riding With Courage. For Sure!

Friday, April 16, 2010

So, with todays struggle of a ride, I have decided on a little something for the time being.  I'll get to it in a sec.  So, today, I rode out fo Pueblo with all my attention focused on how it felt.  When I was just cruising along, things felt ok.  But when a strong wind came, or when I hit a small crack or rock, or when I went down hill, or when I went up a steep hill, things just got painful.  It was so frustrating for it to feel this way because it was challenging my inner-most workings.  Every time I put something out there to do, I get so, overwhelmingly dedicated to actually doing it that I can not imagine myself not doing it.  And here I am, faced with the potential of not being able to do something I have put forth for myself.

So, tomorrow, I will work out with Lindsey in the morning, then I think I'll head over to the Pueblo hospital to get it re-checked out, perhaps get the thing in a cast as I would very much like to use my hand in the future.  From there on out I will ride my bike for a good while, and workout again in the evening.  We will just make some slight progress each day for the next few days as I feel out my recovery.  If by monday things are still this brutal, I may have to call it a valiant effort and cut my losses.  But for now, I am going to ride a bit each day, with this wonderful suport I have coming in, and see what happens.  And while there are so many OTHER things I can do physically, I will be sure to do so.  After all, I do have the CrossFit Regionals coming up in 3 weeks.  I may not be able to participate, but I might as well get some extra work in while I can.

Thank you so much to all the comments and support you all have given, it is amazing to know you all are out there filled with good wishes.  Believe me, I will do everything in my power to do this as safely and intelligently as I can!

Keep following!  These next few days are going to be interesting.

1 comments:

anywherefit said...

i think you can do it man... be smart, but go for it.