Day 9 - Blanding, UT to Dolores, CO

Friday, April 9, 2010


Today was about as lonely a day as one can have.  Lindsey left early this morning, and besides the fact that I just love being around her at all times, it was tough to come to terms with going at this completely by myself.  So, I threw on a Clive Custler audio book and just rode.

A couple points on the day, stopped at a really cool coffee shop in Monticello, UT (the video was done there) and watched as about 4 random people found there way over to my bike in the front yard and just stared at it, it was weird.  This one guy literally just stood there for like 5 minutes, just looking at it.  I could not tell what his intentions were, and I was on the edge of my seat ready to pounce.  But he just walked away after a while.

Stopped in Dove Creek, CO for a quick snack at a gas station, and the guys there were just so damn nice.  If one were to stereotype, most people would just avid eye contact with the type of people they were, but I sat there with them for about 15 minutes talking about snow storms and adventures and such.  I find people who live in towns where the population is like 120, to be so damn interesting.

Rolling hills are tiring.

My butt is really starting to hurt.

Tomorrow the climbs begin, starting with an immediate 4500 footer or so, up to a 10,00+ peak!  Should be a slow few days, but I hear the views are immaculate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh, I'm posting this Saturday, on Fridays blog entry. Hope your day with hills went well, sounds pretty gruelling but I guess Colorado is all about the elevation! My suggestions for books are probably not really ones you would want to hear since I like trashy chic lit stuff like Sophie Konsella (Undomestic Goddess is very funny if your up for a laugh) or cheesy crime such as the Scarpetta series by Paricia Cornwell. You could always listen to a classic like To Kill a Mocking Bird (all time favourite). Everyone seems to be into the vampire thing with the Twilight series (I'd rather stick with the wizarding world)so you give those a whirl if you were so inclined. I'll give the books some more thought and get back to you later. Well, keep up the good work and I can't wait to see the pics from CO.

Josh Courage said...

Kelly - So, got more Harry Potter! And what's really cool, this for-sale house I crashed in last night, the only things in the house were a futon and 5 CD audio books! What luck!

These things are keeping right on the brink of sanity! Crazy, crazy climbs today, I am spent!