Cedar City

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today I had a pretty good ride into Cedar City; except for the tail end.  I had my first fall of the journey, not a bad one, but a very public one.  I was rolling to a stop at an intersection and could not get my shoe out of the clip, I proceeded to just hit the pavement, hard, then skid along about 3-4 feet.  Geez.  The second downfall was this real bad pain that has been a little numb for a couple days, but at one point today it was so, so bad, I had to stop peddling.  The pain runs down from my lower quad, past the knee and into the front of the lower leg.  I know this is a nerve thing, and I know it originates from the pressure on my butt as I ride.  So, I adjusted the seat a little, and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Today's ride was pretty nice.  I had The Pelican Brief playing on my iPod, I had the sun out (but it was still in the mid 30's..) and the views were immaculate.  I expect them to get even nicer as I ride into Bryce Canyon tomorrow.

A cool part of today was getting to Cedar City and visiting the two CrossFit boxes (Iron CrossFit and CrossFit Cedar City).  They were so welcoming (as most CrossFitters are!), and both are 100% on board for the May 1st Riding With Courage WOD!  Pumped!

Will report back tomorrow as I head into further into Utah; tomorrow night will be my last night in the state before I reach Colorado.

Still Riding!!

2 comments:

anywherefit said...

ballin buddy. keep it up. glad you're showing everyone how pretty the western US is. so hard to even capture how big things are on camera (sky, mountains, flatlands, etc).

Agreed on living out there with nothing. Don't know how people do it.

Tag said...

Good to have ya stop by..
Good luck and be safe.. know that you always have a meal and a WOD at Iron CrossFit..

Take care.. great to meet ya