One Week

Wednesday, March 24, 2010


It is officially 1 Week from the start of my ride.  Nerves and excitement have set in like crazy and I am gearing up for the packing that I'll be doing, over and over, for the next couple days.  Here's why I have to get this all done so soon.  Early Saturday morning I am up and out to Annandale, VA to compete in this areas CrossFit Games Sectionals.  I'll be competing most of Saturday, passing out directly following that, then waking up and competing some more on Sunday.  Then passing out even harder after that and my flight is at 7:20am Monday, out of Baltimore.

So, realistically, I have to be pretty much fully packed up and ready to go by the time I head to bed Friday  night.  So, I have my multiple lists, my multiple piles, and my anxiety-filled routine.  Here is what I am looking at:

Wash all clothes
Work on fully figuring out my fancy Garmin watch
Finishing my taxes...ugh
Make playlists on my iPod
Separate all piles (clothes, food, electronics, equipment)
Securing a list of all things I need to buy in Cali
Send out email to all CrossFit affiliates for Riding With Courage WOD
Rent a car for the three days in Cali
Learn to read the maps
Drink more water
Stretch
Download more audio books
REST

This is a pretty loose list here, but it's a start.  So, while the next couple days will be meant to chill out, I know Ill be busy like crazy, in my mind mostly.

So yeah, one week from now, I will be on my bike, all of America's wonderful streets staring me in the face.  Pretty crazy!

Josh Courage

0 comments: