Welcome To Riding With Courage

Monday, October 12, 2009

Welcome everyone to the official Riding With Courage site/blog! Here you’ll find info on the ride, constant updates, pictures, videos events calendar and other fun “widgets:. You can comment, ask questions and support the cause through here as well. Please take the time to look around and please, support in any way you can!

Here’s what this is all about…

In April of 2010 I will be riding my bicycle across the US to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network and to raise awareness of activity, health and fitness in children and their families. That’s over 3000 miles from San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC in 30 days (that’s just over 100 miles a day for those of you who struggle with math as much as I do…). Along the way, I’ll be hitting 10 Children’s Hospitals in 10 major cities where I’ll stop and hopefully entertain the kids and get some people together to join me on the road for a bit.

To help get people (and myself) psyched for the ride, I will be putting on two smaller events in Washington, DC. The first will be a marathon, a 26.2 mile run on the 14th of November ‘09 with a party afterwards. The second, a silent auction fundraiser on the 6th of February ‘10 where I will be lifting a total of 100,000 pounds over the course of two hours. Should be entertaining.

I love to challenge myself, to be active and to push my physical and mental limits. But I know that myself and my core group of friends that love to be active all the time are in a minority in the US. With obesity numbers rising faster each year, more and more schools cutting physical education classes, video games and snack foods becoming a staple in kids lives, and their parents stressed out about life and work, there are more and more excuses NOT to live healthy, active lives. I have dedicated my life to helping anyone and everyone take a stand on these negative, harmful habits that lead to major problems in life, and to turn things around. Make healthy choices when eating, get outside and be active whenever possible. This world has so much to offer, you don’t necessarily need a fancy gym, tons of supplements and medicine and high tech equipment. Just get out there and move around and you’ll immediately feel what it is I’m talking about. I hope to inspire people on this ride, I hope that people join me. I hope that people choose to walk, run, bike, anything really, rather than get in the car and drive. And what I really hope is that all children have every opportunity to be healthy, active, fit and happy; that we break the trend of bad health in this country for these children and they can pass that along to their children.

Please join me, whether it be on the bike, in the gym, through words or through donation; anything will be gladly accepted.

Thank you for your support!

Josh Courage

0 comments: